The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) represents the biggest overhaul of data protection legislation in a generation, introducing a range of important new rights and responsibilities... not to mention penalties for non-compliance. The question is: are you up to speed with the new legislation?
If not, fear not! Our Data Protection Essentials elearning course has been designed to provide your staff with the all the practical knowledge and skills that they need. Featuring detailed explanations of the key principles, case studies to explore the practical implications of the law, and a unique ‘ask the expert’ feature for staff who need to know more, Data Protection Essentials is the most comprehensive, flexible and cost-effective way of enabling everyone to understand and comply with the new legislation.
Jonathan NewcombeCTDNorfolk County Council
We have had some great feedback from our users who find the course easy to use and very informative. The course meets all our requirements to provide users with key messages and also our corporate Data Protection responsibilities. Working with Cylix has been a pleasure and we hope to work with them again in the future.
The Data Protection Essentials training course is made up of four bite-sized sections:
The big picture
- Why is it so important to protect personal data?
- The scope of the GDPR... and the penalties for non-compliance.
- What information is covered by the GDPR?
- What does “processing data” mean?
- Understanding who’s who: data subject, data controller, data processor, DPO, ICO.
What the law says
- The core principles for processing personal data.
- Rules for transferring/storing personal data outside Europe.
- What to do in the event of a data breach.
- Rights of the data subject, including the right to be forgotten.
Putting it in practice
Series of case studies in which users need to decide how to comply with the GDPR in a range of realistic situations.
Test your knowledge
Comprehensive mastery test to verify each user’s knowledge and understanding of the contents of the course. On successfully passing the test, users can download a personal course completion certificate.