Equality, diversity and inclusion can deliver very real benefits to both organisations and the individuals who work within them. And managers have a vital role to play in creating inclusive work environments that allow these benefits to be realised.
With our Managing Diversity online training course, you can provide your managers with the specific knowledge and understanding they need to manage diverse teams effectively. The course explores the practical things managers can do to promote diversity, resolve problems, and create an environment in which everyone feels valued, respected and capable of achieving their full potential.
Josie MooresHead of Organisation Development, Training and DiversityManchester Metropolitan University
We’re really pleased with the courses and excited about launching them to staff and students. We’re confident that they’re going to enable us to deliver equality and diversity training more effectively and to more people than ever before.
The Managing Diversity online training course is made up of five bite-sized sections:
Why manage diversity?
- Benefits of equality & diversity to managers.
- Diversity as a key component in operating successfully.
- Responsibilities of managers and supervisors for making equality happen.
What would you do?
Series of interactive case studies exploring how the law applies across a range of key management areas.
Understanding your responsibilities
- Basics of building a diverse team.
- Setting good standards of behaviour.
- Encouraging the team to work together.
- Recognising people's individual needs.
- Identifying your own strengths and weaknesses as a manager.
Taking the next step
- Sources of further information and support.
- Developing a diversity action plan.
Test your knowledge
Comprehensive mastery test to verify each user's knowledge and understanding of the contents of the course. On successfully passing the test, users can download a personal course completion certificate.
This course is available tailored for the following sectors:
- Any Workplace
- Public sector
- Fire & Rescue